To be able to post content to the Web Site, you must become a registered candidate.
To become a registered candidate, you must complete the registration form in the manner described on the Web Site and pay us a once off non-refundable registration fee of $250 plus GST.
Registration is non-transferable.
Content submission rules
You will be responsible for all aspects of the production of content you post to the Web Site.
You must comply with all electoral advertising and signage rules and laws, including rules and laws relating to how to vote cards.
You will ensure that the content you post to the Web Site is up to date, accurate and/or not misleading.
You warrant that the content you post to the Web Site is not fraudulent, is not defamatory and/or does not infringe the intellectual property rights, confidentiality rights, privacy rights and/or other rights of any person and/or does not breach any law.
You will provide and/or procure on behalf of yourself and us all proper licences, clearances, permissions and/or releases in writing in respect of any content you post to the Web Site so that we are vested with an irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable and royalty-free right to exploit the content you post to the Web Site.
The Web Site is provided as to assist the community. Content is to be respectful of the Web Site community and appropriate for a diverse readership.
Content is to be relevant to issues pertaining to you. Interacting on the Web Site is to be viewed as a chat in the street with other locals or, in some cases, a lively public meeting, and is not to be taken too seriously.
If you voice an opinion, it is to be constructive, not vindictive and/or malicious.
You must verify all facts posted by you on the Web Site and always tell the truth.
Information to be published at and/or through the Web Site and/or any Linked (as defined below) web site is to be for personal use by individuals only for the purposes of your campaign. The information must not used for or facilitate a commercial enterprise that does not relate to your campaign.
You will not use the username and password of another registered candidate at any time, disclose your username and/or password to any third party and/or permit any third party to access the Web Site as a registered candidate using your username and password.
You will not post the same material to the Web Site multiple times.
If you find something on the Web Site which you believe should not be there, you may alert us immediately using the Contact Us email address.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
Termination of access
Removal of content
In consideration of being granted this Linking right, you undertake:
- not to bring into disrepute us, our related bodies corporate, our goods, our services and/or our officers and/or employees;
- not to provide any Links other than a Link to a website promoting your campaign;
- not to use any process by which a web page containing our Material will be returned in the search engine results when a search is conducted for a competitor’s brand and/or identity and vice versa in connection with our Material;
- to use our Material in the form in which it is provided;
- not to alter, amend, redraw, distort, animate and/or tamper with any of our Material in any way;
- to observe any copyright and/or trade mark symbols that appear in our Material;
- not to use our Material in a manner that gives the impression and/or represents that any person, organisation and/or event is in any way related to, sponsored by and/or affiliated with us; and/or
- to comply, within a reasonable time, with any demand or request by us in relation to your use of our Material.
The Web Site may contain Links to other web sites. Those Links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained.
We are not responsible for the content, privacy practices and/or other activities of Linked web sites.
Our Links with Linked web sites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval and/or recommendation by us of the owners and/or operators of those Linked web sites, and/or of any information, graphics, materials, goods and/or services referred to and/or contained in those Linked web sites, unless and to the extent stipulated to the contrary.